We’re looking for a Customer Service Rep to join our operations team at our Mankato, MN office.
We’re not looking for just any Customer Service Rep; we’re looking for someone who’ll help grow our business to as big as it can possibly be.
Volk Transfer is a family owned and operated trucking company. We’re an asset based carrier, which is a fancy-schmancy way of saying we own our own trucks. We work hard for our customers, so if you get your kicks by helping others, love solving problems, and creating long-term customer relationships, you’ll love this job! This is a great opportunity if you are passionate about customer service and about the role it plays in making a customer-centered team successful.
Responsibilities you’ll own:
• Respond to and resolve customer queries through email or via telephone quickly and effectively
• Become an expert on Volk Transfer capabilities
• Order entry (and lots of it) as well as other various customer service functions
• Escalate critical support issues to the appropriate internal channel
• Increase customer satisfaction and build loyalty by providing amazing, personal customer support
Experience and requirements:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to solve problems logically and critically
• 1+ years in customer service preferably in a call center with online support
• Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the internet
• Must type 40wpm
You will love this job if:
• You enjoy making thing easier for customers and co-workers
• You are energized by interacting with and helping people
• You love learning new ways of doing things • You’re a positive person and know how to look on the bright side
• You bring solutions to the table, not just problems
• You’re comfortable with a little chaos and uncertainty. We move fast and sometimes decisions are made without all of the information.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Pay commensurate with experience
• Company sponsored medical, dental & life insurance, SIMPLE IRA, paid vacation and holiday pay